Sunday, May 15, 2011

We've done it!

After 1 year and 9 months of trying, we've finally done it! :


After experiencing a molar pregnancy last summer, our reaction wasn't quite the same this time around. I guess the best way to describe it would be... guarded. We are excited but just can't totally commit to the idea until after our ultrasound conformation (in 10 days...but who's counting?) One good thing that having to endure a molar pregnancy can offer someone is an early ultrasound, I'll be just a little over 6 weeks along for my first scan. The chance of having a subsequent molar pregnancy is 2% but I like to look at that as a 98% chance of it being a normal pregnancy which are great odds. Focus on the positive, right?!? According to my calculations, our estimated due date should be around January 15th.

If the ultrasound turns out okay, I'll have some big decisions to make. The biggest of which would be whether or not to work another school year. I am overjoyed that we've conceived again but the timing is a little akward where school is concerned. Oh well... I think that part of being a parent is making big, important decisions like this so I'll just need to get used to it.

Until next time!!
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment