Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Funday

Our weekend fun is definitely looking different these days...

We stayed up late on Friday and Saturday night and I am feeling it!  It used to be no big deal because if we went to bed at midnight, we'd just sleep until 9 or 10 and think nothing of it.  Now if we go to bed at midnight, then endure the nighttime changing/feeding routine and then wake up at 8 or so for the day, it makes for a groggy Sunday and a major headache.  Lesson learned.  I also think that contributed to our rough day yesterday.  I guess even babies as young as our little man appreciate routine.  Next weekend we are going to experiment with keeping our weekday sleep schedule during the weekend.  Hopefully we'll all come out feeling more rested.

Hanging out in bed this morning.
Speaking of routine, Ayden seems to enjoy looking out the window in the mornings and it's become part of our morning routine.  After I change and feed him once we're up for the day, I put him back in his bed, open the curtains and push him over to the window.  He proceeds to stare out for the next 20 minutes or so and is in such a happy mood during this time (this is when I get the most smiles).  I looked from his perspective to see what was so amazing and I think that the blinds and the light that comes through between make for a pretty cool high contrast pattern for him :).  

Window Time!
Today was grocery day.  Ayden slept in the Ergo on David as per usual and the trip went well.  Our grocery cart was INSANE!  We're trying a semi-paleo diet and I've never seen a cart filled to the brim with produce like ours was today.  It felt really good to stand back and look at it knowing all of those nutrients were going to be fueling our bodies all week.  "Let thy food be thy medicine," right??  Maybe I'll do a couple of recipe posts soon...

I hope everyone had a fun weekend and here's to a great week!  

Good night!
~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. He´s so cute, Sarah! And I would love to see some recipes from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more about your semi-paleo diet and what recipes you have for it. I also wanted to tell you that I love reading your daily blog updates. I think it is so great you will have these to look back on. Keep with it!

    ReplyDelete